jeudi 15 octobre 2015

ELECTIONS CANADA 2015 - JUSTIN TRUDEAU AND A MAJORITY GOVERNMENT


By Bernard Bujold - 
Since the outbreak of the current federal election 2015, my voting intentions fostered, in turn, to each of the four leaders of the major parties. 
Indeed, at first I was in favor of Justin Trudeau who I discovered in April 2007 when he sought the nomination in Papineau. I noticed his special charisma and his energy when he had shaken hands with everyone in the room (several hundred). I also knew his father as a journalist and I can say that the son resembles him. 
A few weeks after the start of the current campaign, however, I changed my intention to vote when I saw that Justin did not seem to perform and he appeared headed for a humiliating defeat... 
So I decided to go with Gilles Duceppe that I consider brave to be out of retirement. I have great respect for Duceppe even if I am of no allegiance to the PQ and I probably never will vote for the Parti Québécois led by Pierre Karl Péladeau. 
However, noting the limited Duceppe effect in the polls, again I changed my intention to vote and decided to side with Thomas Mulcair who seemed to have the energy of the winner. However, I was disappointed when I met him (and photographed him) during a rally in Montreal. It does not appear to me to have the depth nor the true side of his opponents, in my judgment, of course...
It was then that my voting intentions turned to Stephen Harper. We can say that it is a stern politician but it is also a serious manager. I had the opportunity to meet him a few times (and photograph). The first time I met him was in March 2004 and I was a campaigner for Belinda Stronach who sought the leadership of the Conservative Party. Belinda had an extraordinary charisma but Harper (I believed him at the time to be the son of the hockey player Terry Harper...) defeated Belinda and he was brought to the head of the Conservative Party with more than 55% of votes on the first count, even without any charisma ... 
But eventually just days before this October 19, 2015 vote, and finding that my favorite Justin Trudeau has the wind in its sails, I changed again my intention and my choice of vote on the ballot will go to his party and its candidate. 
Also, since it is good custom to make predictions, mine is that Justin might surprise us and win a majority government in the style of Brian Mulroney in 1984. 
To be continued! 
Photo 1: Elections Canada, 2015;
Photo 2: Justin Trudeau, Stephen Harper, Thomas Mulcair, Gilles Duceppe;
Photo 3: Parliament of Canada;
SEE PHOTOS JUSTIN TRUDEAU 2007
SEE PHOTOS JUSTIN TRUDEAU 2015;
SEE PHOTOS THOMAS MULCAIR 2015
SEE PHOTOS GILLES DUCEPPE 2015
SEE PHOTOS STEPHEN HARPER 2008;

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire