mardi 2 juin 2015

JACQUES PARIZEAU - (1930-2015)


By Bernard Bujold (LeStudio1) - 
I was never really close to Jacques Parizeau as a politician because my personality was more compatible with the one of Rene Levesque but I had the opportunity to met Parizeau during a few time outside of politics. 
An anecdote describes the solid character of his. That was in 1998 and I was hanging in the workshop of a great Quebec artist who told me wanting to create a foundation to ensure the continuation of his work after his death (he is still alive today...). 
The old artist had also told me not to have made a tax return for about 20 years but he wanted to correct the situation and create in the same momentum the foundation for his succession. 
So I contacted another friend of mine artist in the film industry that I knew to be near Jacques Parizeau. Could she ask Mr. Parizeau if he would preside over the future foundation of the famous artist from Quebec? 
It seems that Parizeau was very pleased with the invitation until my girlfriend in cinema added that the famous artist was no longer filing a tax return since the last two decades... Then it was a definite no! 
Another more recent story but again showing its rigor is when I was behind him in the waiting in line at the National Bank. When it was his turn, I heard Parizeau ask the cashier to deposit a check for $ 10,000 (probably the cachet of a conference) specifically in his account identified "communication" showing that he held up his personal finance in a very structured way. 
A very great Quebecer left us! 
Photos 1 and 2: Jacques Parizeau;
SEE STORY LE JOURNAL DE MONTRÉAL;

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire