vendredi 17 avril 2015

CARDINAL JEAN-CLAUDE TURCOTTE - CHAPEL OF REST CEREMONY


By Bernard Bujold (LeStudio1) - 
Cardinal Jean-Claude Turcotte body was on view Thursday, April 16, 2015 at the Montreal Basilica. 
Personally, I am not a practicing Catholic but I was in my childhood. I have always kept an interest in the mystery of religions in general and, as I often mention, I grew up in a presbytery in the Gaspé peninsula surrounded by the Catholic religion (my aunt was the servant of the village priest). 
In the case of Cardinal Turcotte, I knew him even if I did not frequented him often. He liked to discuss with reporters and he was one of the great friends of Michel Vastel and Ben Weider, two people I knew more personally. 
I never attend any funeral, except very few exceptions, but I wanted to pay a last visit to the Cardinal and I went to the vigil in the Chapel. A special ceremony (Vespers) was celebrated to pay homage and close exposure of the body. An evening at the Chapel is relaxing as there is a big difference between a Chapel of rest and a funeral home in the sense that there is no crying in the chapel compared to the funeral home. The atmosphere of the chapel is quiet and a sort of well-being is felt for those present opposed to the exhaustion that causes a visit to the funeral home. But I hate the habit of Catholic continually shaking hands. I'm more of Obama fashion and of the light contact with both fists. What do you want, I have fear of germs! 
Finally, the big question that no human, believer or atheist, has no answer for: "Is there another life after death?" 
Unfortunately for everyone, it takes dying to know the real answer...
Photo 1, 2 and 3: Ceremony body on view of Cardinal Turcotte;
Photo 4; Church Marie-Reine-du-Monde;
Photo 5: Cardinal Jean Claude Turcotte;
SEE PHOTOS CHAPEL OF REST
SEE COMMENT ON CARDINAL DEATH ;

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire