dimanche 29 septembre 2013

Days of Culture 2013, the Grey Nuns of Old Montreal and the Quebec Charter of values ​​...


By Bernard Bujold (LeStudio1.com) -
The draft of the Quebec Charter of Values has awakened in me the memory of the good Sisters that I have experienced during my childhood in Gaspésie when I grew up, largely, in the rectory of the village along with the priest, his servant (my aunt) and Ursuline Sisters living in the neighboring convent. 
I took advantage of the Days of Culture 2013 to visit the former Grey Nuns Hospital in Old Montreal that offered an open house (Friday 27, Saturday 28 and Sunday, September 29, 2013). 
Conclusion: "The veil is not really a foreign custom as from the time of Marguerite d'Youville (today a Sainte), religious Nurses were wearing it and they are those who first builded Quebec. I loved my visit and I took the opportunity to remind myself of the days of my childhood surrounded by religious symbols of a past that is not so distant. In a sense, it was the good old days and for sure religion is part of the cultural life of Quebec... 
Photo 1 and 2: Museum of the Grey Nuns Old Montreal;
Photo 3: Bernard Bujold - LeStudio1.com;
See album photos of the visit - LeStudio1.com;

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire